The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of and support for the supervision of all
building Superintendents, Porters, and Handymen. The Maintenance Coordinator provides support in taking
tenant work orders and scheduling repairs with handymen and supers. On cases where maintenance jobs
exceed capabilities of staff, or in order to address a violation outside of agency capabilities, the maintenance
coordinator will obtain bids, coordinate repair and its completion, and prepare paperwork for closure of
work order and/or violation. The maintenance coordinator is responsible for ensuring tracking and
completion of regularly scheduled vendor maintenance and administrative compilation duties to ensure all
contracts remain active. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises and assigns the work of building Handymen, Superintendents and Porters
- Inspects work for completeness, enters verification in Yardi and ensures property paperwork in
- facilitated for payment.
- Prepares work orders, for approval, for internal and external repair requests by Supers, handymen
- and independent contractors for individual unit repairs, property systems or common area or
- repairs, or remediation of violations or HQS.
- Provide first line support to tenants with repair needs in a professional manner, schedule repair with
- tenant and assigned staff, and ensure proper data entry in Yardi
- Ensures material, equipment and supplies to be used. Coordinates transfer of equipment and
- supplies needed.
- Keeps timecards for general maintenance staff. (Supers & Porters) and routine records.
- Coordinates and ensures the maintenance from outside vendors with service contracts for electrical,
- plumbing, mechanical, extermination, and other related systems are entered in Yardi, completed as
- required, and compiles paperwork for payment processing.
- Conducts monthly building and apartment inspections, as assigned, verify completion of
- maintenance worker and work quality.
- Responsible for scheduling the unit turn over work (make ready’s) for units vacated. Maintenance
- Department benchmark is 15 days repair from date of vacancy unless extenuating circumstances. t.
- Managers repairs and process to remove and/or prevent building violations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Other Duties, as assigned
- HS Diploma/GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of experience in residential property general maintenance
- Possession of a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Yardi Experience and strong computer skills required
- Bilingual preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*