The Outreach Specialist requires an individual who consistently works to strengthen existing and create new community partnerships for the grant. The partnerships are specifically geared toward referring potential qualified veterans to the grant. The position requires an individual who interacts effectively with others even in adverse conditions; is willing to go the extra mile to meet the needs and expectations of individuals, families and communities; is passionate, professional, transparent, and is accountable for the tasks of the position. The Outreach Specialist must have excellent customer service skills and able to develop internal and external resources and customer relationships.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with the Project Director, Case Manager and internal / external VETS partners to develop and implement a strategic and targeted outreach plan for the program.
- Assist in maintaining grant meeting 185 annuals Veterans Screening and 150 Veterans enrollment.
- Coordinate, organize and conduct presentations to veterans institutions, community agencies, hospitals, advocacy agencies, shelters, and other programs.
- Assists with the coordination of the intake and discharge processes to ensure that all clients have suitable plans in place upon completion and connect to aftercare services.
- Participate in case reviews and case conferences to assist with client compliance and progress.
- Work collaboratively with team to ensure comprehensive service plan and care coordination by participating in QA activities.
- Maintains quality documentation and ensures submission of accurate and timely documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Qualifications:
- AA or 2 years of college credits required, BA preferred
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred
- Working knowledge of electronic health records.
- Demonstrate skills in strengths-based, person-centered, trauma-informed, and self-directed care.
- Experience with public speaking
- Veteran or Veteran experience preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*