The Employment specialist works with clients to develop realistic, individualized career goals which accurately reflect the client’s professional skills and interest. The Employment Specialist will identify employment opportunities available for clients within the community. Additionally, the Employment Specialist will also take lead in Recreational Activities at the site.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual and group services to adults aimed at assisting them in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Maintaining collaborative and compliant documents that meets HPD and organizational expectations.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of community base resources to provide training, education and employment opportunities.
- Conduct initial assessment of educational and vocational needs to develop a preliminary plan of service in the area of vocational and educational goals.
- Evaluate individuals abilities , interests, and goals using tests, records, interviews and professional sources
- Maintain a rotation case load of job seeking clients, provide individual consoling, and job readiness workshops.
- Meet job placement target.
- Ensure all HRA, SSI, and other requirements regarding employability and work readiness are met.
- Collaborate with the Housing Specialist to ensure clients are supported after job placements.
- Organize and lead Recreational Activities at the site.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in job placement
- High school Diploma/GED required. Associates/BA Degree in related field preferred
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*