Under the supervision of the Program Director and Medical Director, the medical assistant perform routine administrative and clinical tasks within scope of practice. The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the personal needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the nursing and clinical team and maintaining a clean, safe environment. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide superior quality care to patients within the patient center approach in the Acacia Network model
- Assist other medical staff as requested while practicing within their scope and limits of training
- Assist in obtaining medical history and vital signs
- Provide assistance in care planning and care coordination with nursing and clinical teams, providers, and other programs within the agency.
- Explain appointment procedures, special instructions from providers, and medical procedures to patients as well as address other areas of concern within scope of practice.
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy and procedures.
- Attend staff and organizational meetings as requested
- Demonstrate flexibility with dual roles within the program by assisting with front desk support, stocking supplies in exam rooms, and as provide phlebotomy, and perform various assessment tools with the supervision of program director and medical director.
- Administrative duties include but not limited to: registration, answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, scanning, arranging intake admission and laboratory services, and handling billing as required.
- Clinical duties include but not limited to: admission intake, taking medical histories and recording vital signs, PPD implant, collect and prepare labotory specimens, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by directors, and have ability to adjust to clinical functions as necessary and perform such tasks within scope of practice.
- Maintain compliance with over all organizational policies and procedures
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates Degree in healthcare or medical office setting preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years practical experience in medical office setting.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters or the completion of own tasks only.
- Computer literate
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*