The PrEP Specialist will work independently as well as working closely with existing staff to promote and support access to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to individuals 18 years or older who are HIV negative and who are at a high risk of contracting HIV. PrEP/PEP Specialist will work with clinical staff to identify patients appropriate for PrEP; educate patients about PrEP and encourage their participation in the program; provide behavioral and adherence counseling for clients receiving PrEP treatment; conduct community outreach and education to increase acceptance in PrEP; provide staff training, and ensure that patients are connected and retained in primary medical care. The salary range is $45-50K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews, understand and has a working knowledge of the appropriate grant work-plan from which PrEP program funding is obtained, including all deliverables, projections and required data/statistical requirements. PrEP Specialist will have a complete understanding of all aspects of PrEP, including patient’s education, treatment readiness, adherence, follow-up, support and patient empowerment.
- PrEP/PEP Specialist will work closely with clinical staff to develop an initial screening tool to identify high risk patients who are appropriate for PrEP to be entered into AIRS.
- PrEP Specialist will work closely with providers to assist with patient referrals and closing the loop to ensure completeness of the referral process.
- PrEP Specialist will work hand in hand with other program staff to link clients to care and promote PrEP/PEP education
- The PrEP Specialist will conduct phone outreach with Care Coordinator to engage patient back to care.
- Provide all services according the established AIDS Institute’s PrEP Specialists Services NYSDOH Standards including identifying current patients appropriate for PrEP, education of potential patients about PrEP, providing adherence and behavioral counseling, educating community residents and CBO’s about the program(s) through outreach and promotion to increase caseload.
- PrEP/PEP Specialist will ensure patients are retained in primary care, assist clients with adherence/success during PrEP therapy through monitoring, patient’s reminders and identifying and addressing any barriers directly or through referrals.
- Provide linkage and referrals to all other appropriate wrap-around services and programs available throughout Acacia Network and the community to identified barriers or challenges.
- Attend/Arranges case conferences with internal/external service providers regarding common patients on a regular basis and as necessary to meet patient’s needs. Participate in regular internal case conferences with the medical director, champion provider and other staff members who are a part of the patients care team.
- Review and analyzes patients list that are extracted from the EMR on a monthly basis and monitor to address challenges/barriers in collaboration with Data Specialist who will help identify patients who may have fallen out of care, patient attendance, HIV/STI monitoring and track individual progress.
- Maintain complete, current and accurate patient files through NextGen EMR system complying with agency protocols and confidentiality policies.
- PrEP/PEP Specialist will conduct frequent chart reviews ensuring all data is current and accurate. All notes will be reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Attend Tabling event when scheduled to promote PrEP services through community outreach. PrEP/PEP Specialist will also complete a minimum of eight hours of training annually for professional development as detailed in the New York State Department of Health Standards. PrEP/PEP Specialist will also participate in any PrEP related trainings/meeting required by the grant, NYSDOH or the agency.
- Strive to improve service delivery through participation in QI/QA activities working closely with quality and data team to reduce errors in reporting and ensure data integrity.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude, provide exceptional customer service and support to all patients, clients and staff, always recognizing that patient/client needs are top priority.
- Adheres to Acacia Network policy and procedures.
- Associates and or 2 year experience in the Primary Care field
- One (1) year experience navigating systems for individuals with chronic illnesses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*