Far Rockaway, NY : 11/5/2020
Under supervision of the Program Director, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and serves as a point of contact on for matters related to the office of the Senior Administrator of Residential Programs. The Administrative Assistant will complete a broad variety of administrative and organizational tasks for the Senior Administrator and will coordinate with the Residential Program Directors and their staff. The Administrative Assistant provides coordination, communication, reporting, and scheduling to ensure tasks are delivered to meet the expectations of Acacia Network’s mission and values.
This position is located in Far Rockaway, Queens
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Senior Administrator of Residential Programs including: managing calendar of appointments; tracking documents and requests from Senior Administrator and Program Directors to ensure timely completion; completing reports; composing and preparing correspondence; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates directly with Program Directors, Agency Leadership, and others, on matters related to the Senior Administrators’ programmatic initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Residential Programs’ Administrative Staff, as well as the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Administrator of OASAS Outpatient and MAT programs.
- Reviews, prioritizes, monitors, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Senior Administrator, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provides a bridge for communication between the Senior Administrator’s office and internal departments; demonstrating ability to promote collaboration and to encourage trust and support with senior and program management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Senior Administrator of Residential Programs to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and monitors special projects for the Senior Administrator.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs to ensure matters are handled in a timely manner, and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
- Completes and distributes meeting minutes to appropriate staff members.
- Develops, monitors, and submits documentation requiring review and approval from the Senior Administrator (i.e. check requests, purchase orders, new hire forms, etc.).
- Performs other related duties, as requested.
- 2+ years previous relevant experience as administrative assistant required.
- High School Diploma required
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive and strengths based attitude with a willingness to be flexible to promote success.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) & Adobe Acrobat.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here