Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking Client Care Coordinators/Social Workers who will be responsible for coordinating all services related to the mental health issues of clients, including diagnoses, assessment of need and referral as warranted. He/She will provide therapy for clients with special needs and conduct special focus groups for clients (e.g., post-traumatic stress, sexual or other abuse, etc.) The Social Worker will conduct the initial psychosocial history and mental health care upon completion of inpatient program.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Conduct initial psychosocial history interviews on al clients during the Admission/Orientation phase
- Conduct mental health status determination during Admission/Orientation Phase and at other appropriate times during the Treatment Phases
- Coordinate all mental health treatment and referrals for clients in all phases
- Consult with primary counselors on clients with special needs
- Provide supervision or treatment of all cases requiring social worker level involvement by managed care or other referrals agencies
- Attends seminars and training on pertinent issues
- Develop and maintain referral linkages with outside agencies and organizations to meet the needs of program clients
- Participate on interdisciplinary treatment teams and in case conferences
- Maintain up to date case notes for clients on caseload
- Work in close liaison with program Nurse Practitioner-Psychiatrist
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited institution required
- NYS Licensed LMSW or LMHC
- 2 years post graduate experience providing social work services, preferable serving chemically dependent and/or mentally ill individuals
- Previous relevant experience in delivering social services in a DHS regulations shelter environment
- Knowledge of DHS policies, procedures, and protocols
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual is a plus
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*