Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
A leasing specialist is primarily responsible for the marketing, Tax credit certification/ recertification for LIHTC/HOME programs, maintaining tracking reports for lease renewals/ annual recertifications, provide support in audit preparation for both internal and external agencies. And providing administrative support to the Property Management Department. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
- Conducts marketing activities to create and maintain a waiting list. Marketing activity may include contacting local organizations, posting notices and/or advertising.
- Leasing Activity – Assists with screening applicants, selecting tenants and notifying applicants of the status of their applications (approved, denied, wait listed). Enters new tenant information in Property Management Software (Yardi). Transfers/establishes utilities and issues keys. Receives 1st month rent and security deposit.
- Leasing Administration – Administers leasing renewals, transfers, move outs and relocations. Assists with tenant recertification for assisted housing programs as required. Maintains Weekly Leasing Status Reports and enforces violations of the lease and house rules
- Responsible for completing recertifications for all tenants in LIHTC and HOME units and ensuring 100% compliance prior to the due dates
- Responsible for tracking and implementing renewal schedules for each portfolio and ensuring compliance to the 120 day recertification period
- Responsible for ensuring all leases for PVB units are approved 90 days before recertification period to ensure leasing rent increases are approved by funders.
- Complete monthly reporting and ensure 95% of benchmarks are completed
- Understand LIHTC regulations and procedures to ensure properties remain compliant with Federal, State and City regulations, and that leasing meets all Rent Regulations
- Familiar with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations