Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Under the supervision of the Site Manager and Providers, the Medical Assistant will perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the facility running smoothly. The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the persona needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the clinic team and maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Provide superior quality care to patients as they travel throughout the facility
- Assist other medical staff as requested while practicing within limits of training
- Assist in obtaining medical history and vital signs
- Provide assistance in care planning and care coordination with providers and other programs within the agency
- Explain appointment procedures, special instructions from providers, and medical procedures to patients as well as address additional needs and concerns of patient
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy
- Attend staff and organizational meetings as requested
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility with dual roles within the program by assisting with front desk support, filing, and stocking supplies in exam rooms
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management