Under supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Benefits Coordinator will support the functional and administrative duties of the benefits administration process in the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Benefits Coordinator must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently, establish workload priorities, manage multiple tasks, take initiative and work under pressure to perform and complete a high volume of work with speed and accuracy to meet established deadlines. This position has no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist Human Resources Generalist in administering various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, life insurance, and voluntary benefits.
- Process benefit and HR related bills to include reconciliation of charges to ensure accuracy, preparation of summary by entity for finance to allocate costs, and submission and tracking of payments to ensure bills are paid on time.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered timely and appropriately in HRIS system.
- Enter benefit related information into HRIS database according to established procedures.
- Serve as a contact for employees regarding benefit related issues, questions and decisions regarding eligibility. Research and respond to employee inquiries.
- Send new hire benefit enrollment emails and follow up with employees to ensure complete enrollment of employee benefits within eligibility period.
- Oversee year-round enrollments for new hires and employees with qualifying events that render them benefits eligible.
- Assist with setup and implementation of carrier connection for new plans as needed.
- Act as a liaison between clients and insurance carriers to independently resolve service problems including but not limited to billing, claim, eligibility, and customer service issues
- Work with Human Resources Generalist to complete annual ACA reporting for all entities.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining enrollment information, rates and plans in the ADP system, as well as setup for the open enrollment process annually.
- Assist with special projects or new implementations as well as during annual open enrollment.
- Conducts new employee orientation, presentations and briefings on employee benefits plans and policies as required.