The Learning Lab Program: The City has created a new School-Community based partnership model, called Learning Labs. Learning Labs will complement in-person services for DOE schools and existing school day services by providing care for the school day hours for children who are receiving remote instruction for the day.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, DOE schools and preschool programs will be operating a blended learning model at the start of the 2020-2021 school year, in which students will be receiving in-person services at DOE schools 1-3 days a week and receiving remote instruction on alternate days. Structure is to provide childcare in a safe, supervised location where children can participate in remote learning or developmentally appropriate activities on the days in which students are not receiving in-person services at DOE schools. This is a Part Time/ Temporary Position. The salary is $18.00 per hour.
LEARNING LAB INSTRUCTOR
The Learning Lab Instructor will be responsible for overseeing delivery of curriculum, academic support, enrichment and service quality. Will be responsible for supervision of Learning Lab classroom and will support and serve 10-12 participants. The Instructor will be integral part of the DYCD/DOE partnership. Be responsible for activity supervision, support of curriculum activities, service delivery, and instructional tasks. Overall support of center-based Learning Lab service, serving children from grades K-8 on weekdays when they are not otherwise scheduled to attend classes in-person at their school. Pivot between virtual and in-person program on needed based. Monitor and maintain all health considerations and guidance from DOD/OCFS and CDC provisions of Social Distancing
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Guide students in completing their daily homework assignments;
- Assist children with homework and academic enhancement activities.
- Provide support to lead activity implementation.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Maintenance of the classroom and supplies
- Guiding students through the online platforms
- Providing students with activity and project support
- Complete classroom management training
- Provide small group and individualized instruction
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- Communicate effectively with children, parents, and all staff
- Guide children through small group activities and games;
- Maintain order in the classroom and manage behavior of students
- Manage student rosters and input pick-up/drop-off times
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of DYCD and organization
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct curriculum framework
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in relevant field.
- College Credits (college credits and study plan towards bachelor’s degree in education preferred)
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth
- Experience working with groups of children aged 4-11
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*