After School and Youth Programs
Learning Lab Program Coordinator
New York, NY : 9/4/2020
After School and Youth Programs
The Learning Lab Program: The City has created a new School-Community based partnership model, called Learning Labs. Learning Labs will complement in-person services for DOE schools and existing school day services by providing care for the school day hours for children who are receiving remote instruction for the day.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, DOE schools and preschool programs will be operating a blended learning model at the start of the 2020-2021 school year, in which students will be receiving in-person services at DOE schools 1-3 days a week and receiving remote instruction on alternate days. Structure is to provide childcare in a safe, supervised location where children can participate in remote learning or developmentally appropriate activities on the days in which students are not receiving in-person services at DOE schools. This is a Temp/Full Time Position. The salary is $25.00 per hour
The Learning Lab Program Coordinator: will be responsible for supervision of Learning Lab Program. Contracted by DYCD, Learning Lab Program Coordinator will support and serve 20-25 participants. The Program Coordinator will be integral part of the DYCD/DOE partnership. Program Coordinator will be responsible for program supervision, Support of design, service delivery, and administrative tasks. Program Coordinator will serve as part of the ACDP management leadership team, report to agency leadership and DYCD. Ensure full compliance with DOH's and DYCD's operation requirements. Comply with School Age Child Care Program (SACC) regulations. Direct the implementation of the agency values. Pivot between virtual and in-person program on needed based. Monitor and maintain all health considerations and guidance from DOD/OCFS and CDC provisions of Social Distancing
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Create, interpret and direct day-to-day objectives, preparation, and execution of program processes and practices
- Provide guidance and shares knowledge with staff in an effort to optimize the Academic and Social contribution of delivery to students
- Monitor ALL PPE and Safety Protocols for Social Distancing
- Facilitate relationship with DYCD-DOE Feeder school serve as liaison to ensure effective program implementation
- Develop monthly reports reflective of student participation and service delivery;
- Plan with the Deputy Director and Education Specialist implementation of “LL” goals and objectives;
- Provide supervision of all Learning Lab support staff at the designated site;
- Tracking, maintain and file all projects and files which include attendance sheets, activity sheets during school time activities;
- Assure compliance with DOE and DOHMH documentation of services including attendance sheets that will assist in an external audit conducted by the funding agency;
- In light of COVID-19, experience using virtual learning platforms including Google Meets and Zoom is required.
- Submit payroll and Time Sheets for staff members
- All other duties and assignments assigned by the Deputy Director
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required.
- Serve as a SACC Site Supervisor.
- At least 2- 3 years successfully supervising staff in a relevant Youth Development field.
- At least 5 years of successful experience providing services to Elementary and Middle School-aged youth
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here