THE LEARNING LAB PROGRAM: The City has created a new School-Community based partnership model, called Learning Labs. Learning Labs will complement in-person services for DOE schools and existing school day services by providing care for the school day hours for children who are receiving remote instruction for the day.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, DOE schools and preschool programs will be operating a blended learning model at the start of the 2020-2021 school year, in which students will be receiving in-person services at DOE schools 1-3 days a week and receiving remote instruction on alternate days. Structure is to provide childcare in a safe, supervised location where children can participate in remote learning or developmentally appropriate activities on the days in which students are not receiving in-person services at DOE schools. This is a Temp/Full Time Position. Salary is $18.00 per hour
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities: The Custodian will help the team keep the Cornerstone Community Center location PPE cleaning, compliant
and operational to Covid-19 procedures
- Perform routine manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance of buildings and grounds;
- Cleans bathrooms, offices, hallways and Activity rooms and any other assigned areas by sanitizing, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing:
- Empties and decontaminates trash containers;
- Disinfects high touch and common areas in accordance with OSHA, NYCDOH, and Children’s Aid COVID preventive techniques;
- Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures;
- Mixes or blends routine cleaning solutions to proper concentrations as necessary for various tasks;
- Operation of electrostatic Sprayer disinfection fogging machine;
- package/supply/furniture delivery;
- Cleans and waxes floors using industrial-size mops and/or machines;
- Strips and polishes floors using buffing machines. Shampoos carpets;
- Screen staff and visitors for entrance based on CA’s COVID prevention processes;
- Washes blinds, windows, and walls consistent with CAS approved techniques;
- Sweeps sidewalks, tiled surfaces, Shovels snow, removes ice in front of entrance;
- Operates wet/dry vacuum for cleaning and shampooing carpeted areas;
- Maintains equipment; reports need for painting and minor building or equipment repair to supervisor;
- Minor repairs, bring major compliance or operational issues to attention of Facilities Manager;
- Performs custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions;
- Serve on emergency response team;
- Monitor supply inventory
- Other duties as assigned;
- Reliable and responsive nature. Ability to follow direction and develop strong cleaning skills.
- Customer service and proactive approach required;
- Schedule flexibility – able to work some evenings, early mornings or weekends as needed;
- Certificates of fitness within 6 months of hire:
- S95 Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems
- Team orientated approach. Willingness to learn new skills while improving current ones.
- Ability to read and write. Professional demeanor, pleasant verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Outlook email and calendar, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful;
- HS Graduate/GED required;
- Valid Driver’s license helpful;
Please Note – Position will require in-person work on scheduled days when the Learning Lab is operating for in-person services. Employees are required to comply with all current health and safety regulations in order to maintain their position. Position is contingent upon confirmed funding and is anticipated to begin in September 2020.
* Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*