The Recertification Specialist plays a significant role in ensuring compliance with all agency, funding source and regulatory agreements, aiding tenants with maintaining affordable housing through the certification and recertification of tenants on an annual basis.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Process initial, annual, and interim recertification's, in addition to retroactive rent-calculations while conforming to HUD regulations and HPD guidelines
- Responsible for completing recertifications for all tenants in LIHTC and HOME units and ensuring 100% compliance prior to the due dates
- Responsible for tracking and implementing renewal schedules for each portfolio and ensuring compliance to the 120-day recertification period
- Responsible for ensuring all leases for PVB units are approved 90 days before recertification period to ensure leasing rent increases are approved by funders.
- Complete monthly reporting and ensure 95% of benchmarks are completed.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records in Yardi
- Identifying households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust the rent
- Review applicant files and determining Section 8 eligibility
- Follow LIHTC, HOME, Mitchell-Lama and Section 8 guidelines
- Flexibility in tenant relations, ensuring tenant needs for scheduling and completion of documentation, are considered, and met when possible
- Ensuring all leases have accurate recertification information and are prepared for execution
- assists with screening applicants, selecting tenants, and notifying applicants of the status of their applications (approved, denied, wait listed). Enters new tenant information in Property Management Software (Yardi).
- administers leasing renewals, transfers, move outs and relocations. Assists with tenant recertification for assisted housing programs as required. Maintains monthly Leasing Status Reports and enforces violations of the lease and house rules
- Understand LIHTC regulations and procedures to ensure properties remain compliant with Federal, State and City regulations, and that leasing meets all Rent Regulations/
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, bilingual preferred
- High level of organization and attention to detail, comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Quality and customer service driven
- Any additional duties as required by Supervisor
Knowledge of Section 8, LIHTC and HUD
Must have knowledge of HUD/Public Housing/Tax Credit policies and procedures.
Detail oriented and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule
Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Notary is preferred
Yardi Experience, required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*