Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in the (Jamestown, Dunkirk, Fredonia area) who will provide alcoholism and substance abuse counseling services in approved work settings. The CASAC provides comprehensive assessment services to clients who may have substance abuse barriers to employment by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. This includes performing diagnostic assessment, evaluation, intervention, referral and alcoholism and/or substance abuse counseling in both individual and group settings.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Develops and conducts group individual and family counseling on a scheduled basis to caseload clients/residents
- Obtain weekly random urine samples according to established protocol
- Orients clients/residents about program goals, objectives, rules and regulations, client’s obligations, client’s rights and program operation
- Demonstrates knowledge of group work management techniques and uses those techniques appropriately
- Demonstrates appropriate treatment planning and clinical intervention
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate documentation
- Provides education and information to the client about alcohol and drug abuse
- Maintains and updates referral services and resources that may be useful to our client/resident population; makes referral when necessary and appropriate
- Prepare legal monthly reports monthly or as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid OASAS CASAC certification (completion of 350 hours)
- Must have 3+ years of experience in an OASAS program
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*