Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Management and the Human Resources Manager, the Junior Human Resources Generalist as part of a wider HR team, is pivotal in helping drive change and performance management. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and manages the administration of the Human Resources policies, procedures.
The Junior Human Resources Generalist must ensure high levels of communication within the HR team and also provide business focused human resources functional guidance with emphasis on aligning human resources initiatives with business strategies & objectives and promoting a high-performance environment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in benefit enrollments and determine employee eligibility for health benefits.
- Assist in resolving employee issues with insurance providers and any other voluntary benefit plans.
- Inform employees of changes to benefit structure in instances or another Acacia Network entity.
- Review biweekly payroll deductions to ensure consistency with enrollment elections.
- Processes enrollment changes and terminations on monthly bills.
- Assists in enrollment process to ensure timely and accurately activation of employee medical and dental coverage.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining HRIS integrity with all benefit related entries.
- Responsible for reviewing, providing guidance and overall completion of Employee Requisition and Status Change Forms.
- Manages onboarding process for Acacia Network Housing
- Reviews job descriptions prior to administering to candidate to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for effective and efficient management of pre-employment background check processes under all regulatory agencies (OASAS, OMH, CHRC, DHOMH, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with pre & post-employment background requirements including but not limited to SEL, SCR, CBC etc.
HR Administrative Support
- Manages the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Process in compliance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) immigration laws:
- Follows up as required for SSN Tentative Non-confirmation, DHS Tentative Non-confirmation and Final Non-confirmation Notices.
- Completes employee protest which includes questionnaires and verifications of wages.
- Assist HR Generalist and HR Coordinators regarding HR procedures when HR Managers are unavailable.
- Assists Program Administrators/Directors in ensuring current job descriptions for all staff positions within respective programs.
- Prepares Weekly HR reports for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental, organizational or external meetings, trainings, workshops as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2 + years previous relevant experience in Human Resources required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field required.
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration, employee/labor relations and compensation.
- Familiarity with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to interface with associates and management at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor, ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
* Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*