A leasing specialist is primarily responsible for the marketing, Tax credit certification/ recertification for LIHTC/HOME programs, maintaining tracking reports for lease renewals/ annual recertifications, provide support in audit preparation for both internal and external agencies. And providing administrative support to the Property Management Department. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Marketing Activity – Markets units per Property Management marketing plan requirements/ government restrictions. Marketing activity may include contacting local organizations, posting notices and/or advertising. Conducts marketing activities to create and maintain a waiting list.
- Leasing Activity – assists with screening applicants, selecting tenants and notifying applicants of the status of their applications (approved, denied, wait listed). Enters new tenant information in Property Management Software (Yardi). Transfers/establishes utilities and issues keys. Receives 1st month rent and security deposit.
- Leasing Administration – administers leasing renewals, transfers, move outs and relocations. Assists with tenant recertification for assisted housing programs as required. Maintains Weekly Leasing Status Reports and enforces violations of the lease and house rules.
- Responsible for completing recertifications for all tenants in LIHTC and HOME units and ensuring 100% compliance prior to the due dates
- Responsible for tracking and implementing renewal schedules for each portfolio and ensuring compliance to the 120 day recertification period
- Responsible for ensuring all leases for PVB units are approved 90 days before recertification period to ensure leasing rent increases are approved by funders.
Complete monthly reporting and ensure 95% of benchmarks are completed.
- Understand LIHTC regulations and procedures to ensure properties remain compliant with Federal, State and City regulations, and that leasing meets all Rent Regulations/
- Familiar with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software and ensures all work completed is reflected in tenant files and electronic software (Yardi)
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Quality Customer Services skills
- Any additional duties as required by Supervisor
HS Diploma/GED required. Associates degree preferred
Tax Credit Certification.
LTHC and HOME Program Experience and Knowledge
Yardi Systems Knowledge