Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Director of Leasing provides hands on direction in the development of multi-family affordable housing for special needs populations and low-income individuals, facilities and space planning, including identifying new development opportunities, project feasibility assessment, and coordinating development team members and consultants. This position is responsible for the planning and oversight of community/neighborhood revitalization initiatives related to Acacia Network’s housing projects and works to achieve local and agency-wide goals. This position is a director/administrator position.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Manage the development of Acacia’s pipeline of affordable and market rate real estate projects.
• Supervise a staff of project management professionals.
• Work with Vice President to identify and pursue new development opportunities in the New York City and metro area.
• Oversee the preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), private lending proposals and applications for various capital funding sources- including Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs).
• Interact with financing and planning/development agencies, including New York City’s Departments of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD), City Planning (DCP), Buildings (DOB), the NYC Housing Development Corporation (HDC), and the NYC Economic Development Corporation (EDC), New York State Housing and Community Renewal (HCR) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
• Manage Real Estate closing processes on various transactions.
• Maintain relationships with development partners, syndicators and lenders.
• Manage various special projects as required
Experience with Tax Credits, Yardi, HUD, HPD, DHER, HOME and Section 8 Vouchers
• Bachelor’s degree required --- Masters in Real Estate, Management, Finance or Urban Planning or equivalent preferred.
• At least eight (8) years of affordable and /or market rate housing development experience, two or more in a supervisory capacity.
• Extensive experience in managing real estate project through the entire development process (initial feasibility analysis, design development, financial structuring, contractor selection, financial transaction closing, construction, and lease-up).
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong writing and quantitative skills.
• Extensive Real Estate Finance Experience.
• Strong organizational and public speaking skills.
• Extensive experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credits and various public / private development funding sources.
• Transactional closing experience.
• Familiarity with NYC Zoning Resolution, NYC, NYS and Federal financing programs.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*