Behavioral Health (Promesa)
Operations Aide (Queens)
Jamaica, NY : 6/11/2020
Behavioral Health (Promesa)
The Operations Aides are part of the program milieu staff and provide overall supervision and support in the program elements to ensure the timely execution of facility schedule, safety, and client compliance.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works under House Manager supervision to perform all operational duties necessary for the efficient running of the facility.
- Coordinates and verifies client movement throughout the facility.
- Monitors reception desk, including logging visitors in and out, answering phone, directing calls/taking messages.
- Assist with client induction into the program working closely with intake staff.
- Reports incidents, accidents and client concerns or problems to appropriate clinical staff or supervisor.
- Documents status of facility in proper log book.
- Monitor client conduct and overall behavior during tour of duty.
- Searches client property as it enters the facility, confiscating, documenting and disposing of contraband consistent with the Contraband Policy & Procedure.
- Distributes approved client’s property after it has been searched and approved.
- Conducts room searches for contraband when indicated and according to established organizational policy.
- Conducts crisis intervention and de-escalation counseling with clients exhibiting disruptive/unusual behavior.
- Manages incidents under the direction of the Operations Director and House Managers Incident.
- Submits incident reports when indicated.
- Conducts rounds on an hourly basis to assess clients conduct plus ensure the ongoing safety and cleanliness of the facility. Communicate facility needs to facilities staff and/or supervisor via work orders.
- Assists clients in developing appropriate Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) consistent with J-CAP standards.
- Collect, scan and upload court, HRA, medical, hospital discharge, and other documents from returning clients and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Assist with coordinating and escorting clients on outside activities and events, etc. as needed.
- Conduct population counts at designated times as needed.
- Conducts daily HRA finger imaging.
- Assist Food Service Manager/Cooks when needed to ensuring that meals are served in a timely manner.
- Perform gender specific services such as searches and toxicologies.
- Operating program vehicles to transport staff, clients, or equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required.
- CRPA and/or CARC a plus.
- 1 year related experience in Substance Use/Mental Health services.
- Trained and certified in naloxone delivery to treat opioid overdose, or trained within 7 days, post hire.
- Excellent organizational, reporting, recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions based on training, preparation, and experience, which reflect consistency with Agency philosophy, policies and procedures, standards of care and review body requirements.
- Must be available to work outside normal hours with a flexible schedule; must be available to work past scheduled hours until relieved; overtime often required.
- Must possesses excellent customer service skills and be able to develop internal and external resources and customer relationships.
Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus.
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Already have an account? Log in here