Behavioral Health (Promesa)
Intake Counselor (Queens)
Jamaica, NY : 6/11/2020
Behavioral Health (Promesa)
The Intake Counselor is responsible for wide range of case management duties assisting applicants and referents to J-CAP’s residential services. Will admit new clients and assist medical staff as needed with admission documents.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work in conjunction with Outreach Coordinator as primary liaisons with external referral sources for residential services.
- Maintain a stream of referrals to ensure optimum census levels.
- Answers all inquiries from potential program clients, returning all calls within 24 hours during the business week and 48 hours on weekends.
- Accept and review admissions packets sent by referral sources and provide Article 28 with a copy for review.
- Complete preliminary telephone or face-to-face screening to determine eligibility for services as delineated by contractual requirements via electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Conduct screening interview and complete LOCADTR, MMS, Brief Craving Scale, C-SSR screening tool (when indicated) and other assessment documents.
- Obtain detailed demographic information on client criminal, family, substance, mental health and other relevant data.
- Complete comprehensive admission package in EHR.
- Offer referrals to an appropriate level of care to prospective clients not suitable for admission to residential treatment.
- Generate person-centered Initial Service Plan (ISP) based upon assessments and patient strengths and preferences.
- Maintain a calendar noting work schedule to be shared with managers, receptionist, outreach staff and program managers.
- Help to develop partnerships and linkages with all referral sources (hospitals, community agencies, crisis system, corrections, family, and other community partners) via phone and letters. Input new and updated referral sources in AWARDS Electronic Health Record system.
- Receives and coordinates all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered. Coordinate with the Benefits department to ensure client financial status via Medicaid and other managed care funding source. May need to review financial information as needed to determine ability to pay for services.
- Along with Outreach Coordinator, maintains all program waiting lists, admissions, discharges and updates all lists on an on-going basis. Maintains weekly/monthly contact with referring case managers and other providers.
- Conduct induction process with residential clients and deliver to primary counselor. Coordinate with Assistant Program Director to have active list of primary counselor assignments.
- Distribute email notification of pending admission and actual admission report in a timely manner to include chart number, name, children and any other pertinent documents.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and MDT meetings as necessary to ensure good coordination and continuity of care.
- Other duties as provided by supervisor
- Bachelor degree or higher in the social sciences or relevant field.
- A minimum of one year experience in assessment process.
- CASAC, CASAC-T or other qualified health professional.
- Trained and certified in naloxone delivery to treat opioid overdose, or trained within 7 days, post hire.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV diagnoses, substance abuse, and recovery.
- Knowledge of LOCADTR and other assessment tools.
- Knowledge of state and local behavioral health and related services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and with others and on a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle issues which develop unexpectedly.
- Pass criminal and child abuse back ground check.
Must possesses excellent customer service skills and be able to develop internal and external resources and customer relationships.
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Already have an account? Log in here