Behavioral Health (Promesa)
Jamaica, NY : 6/11/2020
Behavioral Health (Promesa)
Program Drivers are part of the Operations Department and are responsible for monitoring, dispatching, and operating agency vehicles for client, administrative, or other program business. Drivers transport staff and clients, ensure that vehicles are in safe operating condition, and maintain mileage and maintenance logs. Drivers also assist with operations aide duties when not driving.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works under the Operations Director to perform all duties necessary for the upkeep and operation of the vehicle fleet.
- Coordinates and verifies client appointments and provides transportation to and from scheduled appointments when directed.
- Log vehicle usage, mileage to and from destination, toll and other relevant information.
- Fully inspects any the vehicle prior to use and after use and documents on a “Vehicle Inspection Form,” documenting any changes in the condition of the vehicle.
- Monitors reception desk, including logging visitors in and out, answering phone, directing calls/taking messages.
- Ensures that the vehicle contains necessary safety equipment, including a fire extinguisher and Narcan Kit.
- Follows the Vehicle Management Process regarding usage, driver assistants, accident protocols, etc.
- Ensures that vehicle have adequate gas and other fluids.
- Signs out and returns keys according the Vehicle Management Process.
- Ensures that passengers adhere to the prohibitions on eating, drinking, and using tobacco products, e-cigarettes, and vapes in program vehicles.
- Uses the safety belt at all times and assures that passengers also follow the policy.
- Monitors and supervises performance of assigned Driver Assistants in managing client passengers.
- Communicates any issues that arise in the course of transporting clients to appropriate clinical or operations staff.
- Practices crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques with clients exhibiting disruptive/unusual behavior.
- Performs all Operations Aide duties as requested, including reception, finger imaging, client searches, population counts, facility monitoring and any other operations tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid NYS Driver License.
- Satisfactory equivalent of training and experience to fulfill requirements of the position.
- DMV Abstract demonstrating safe driving record for minimum of 5 years.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Substance Use/Mental Health services preferred.
- Trained and certified in naloxone delivery to treat opioid overdose, or trained within 7 days, post hire.
- Excellent organizational, reporting, recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions based on training, preparation, and experience, which reflect consistency with Agency philosophy, policies and procedures, standards of care and review body requirements.
- Must be available to work outside normal hours with a flexible schedule; must be available to work past scheduled hours until relieved; overtime sometimes required.
- Must possesses excellent customer service skills and be able to develop internal and external resources and customer relationships.
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Already have an account? Log in here