Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The RN plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in substance abuse facilities, or other institutions. May assess a patient condition and recommend a recreational activity. May assist the Medical Director with the nursing process with individual patients and/or groups of patients to meet their physiological, psychological, safety, and general health needs.
Job Functions (May Include):
- Assess the physiological and behavioral health status of the patient.
- Completes initial assessment and develops the plan of care.
- Recognizes reports and acts upon reports of deviation in diagnostic studies.
- Accurately assesses and documents vital signs and signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain
- Communicates and documents client's psychosocial status.
- Collaborates with treatment team to include ancillary departments in order to determine appropriate treatment/discharge plan.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Completes necessary documentation as required by organization Policies and Procedures.
- NYS RN License required.
- One year of experience in a behavioral hospital is desirable, but incumbent may be a recent graduate; phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM Criteria.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*