Casa Promesa Nursing Home
Bronx, NY : 4/13/2020
Casa Promesa Nursing Home
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the assessment, coordination, implementing, and managing of the care and services of residents using the standards and guidelines set forth by the Department of Health, NYS Board of Nursing, and Casa Promesa. The Nursing Supervisor is as a member of the interdisciplinary team and provides support and information (verbal/written) to leadership about facility operations. The Nursing Supervisor Coordinates facility operations in the absence of facility leadership. Follows all infection control protocols. Follows attendance, dress code, and scheduling guidelines. Shifts are 8-4pm and 12-8am
- Completes admissions assessments and reassessment on all patients.
- Supports and promotes the philosophy, objective, policies and procedures of Casa Promesa.
- Responsible for providing leadership and supervision to the nursing staff, housekeeping, and security.
- Works closely with medical support staff to ensure resident needs are met.
- Will greet admitted patients and prepare them for physical examination and treatment.
- Will maintain medical supplies and equipment.
- Provides education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient, staff members.
- Assess the patient’s physical and psycho-social condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
- Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity. Accurately records patient information in the electronic medical records system and patient medical record.
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation and medications.
- All nurses will utilize the five rights of medication administration. They are:
- Right Patient
- Right Time
- Right Drug
- Right Dose
- Right Route
- Act as a liaison in coordinating patient care activities with nurses, physicians and allied health professionals.
- Participate in preparation and facilitation of regulatory agency site visits to include DOH
- In accordance with agency protocol and DOH standards, maintains adequate infection control standards.
- Reviews and reports all medical, accident/incidents related to patient care and provides input into actions necessary to resolve problems.
- Participate in weekly and on an “as needed basis” case conferencing sessions with interdisciplinary team members to discuss resident issues/concerns.
- Manages Petty Cash funds appropriately to meet resident needs.
- Graduate of a Bachelor of Science of Nursing program from an accredited nursing school.
- Valid and unrestricted license in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Minimum three (3) years practical experience in health care facility.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Current NYS mandated infection control certification (approved by NYSDOH, valid for four years, 4.0 hours).
- Experience working in a nursing home and/or addiction setting preferred.
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
Already have an account? Log in here