The Quality Improvement Analyst for Acacia Network Housing (ANH) is the support system to the Assistant Director of Quality Improvement in overall administrative operations with a heavy focus on Quality Improvement activities throughout the Acacia Network Housing Portfolios. The Quality Improvement Analyst serves as a support to the Assistant Director of Quality Improvement and assumes responsibility for data management with a focus on increased compliance and quality of service delivery. The Quality Improvement Analyst is responsible for assisting in evaluation of all Transitional Housing Quality Improvement/Compliance programs and ensuring program charts and documentation are in compliance with DHS, HRA and OTDA standards.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Quality Improvement the Quality Improvement Analyst works in conjunction with ANH leadership to coordinate and facilitate quality improvement and compliance for ANH. The Quality Improvement Analyst will also assist in the development of investigations, ANH initiatives and Corrective Action Plans as necessary, and monitor implementation and effectiveness. Skills and competencies required for the position include planning, organization, analytical problem solving, data analysis, and leadership skills.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Gather and analyze data from the ANH programs
• Will run daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as per program needs and performance indicators.
• Analyze service delivery indicators and outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of applied standards
• Assist in implementing measurable organizational changes and work alongside program staff to manage difficulties hindering the accomplishment of service objectives
• Follow Up with programs to ensure implementation and recommend procedures to be followed in implementing appropriate programs/systems
• Assist in the development and implementation of surveys and other related evaluations tools
• Issue, coordinate and review corrective action plans (audits) and performance standards
• Develop and monitor systems to ensure compliance with applicable city/state/federal regulations and compliance guidelines.
• Conduct comprehensive or focal audits of the shelter sites
• Review program operations and compliance through site visits for physical plant assessment, interviews with staff/clients and review of documentation including chart reviews, and/or narrative/statistical reports.
• Write comprehensive reports and corrective action plans that document the overall outcome of the quality reviews detailing the actual findings and recommendations
• Participate in/conduct special investigations generated from client complaints, prepare comprehensive reports including recommendations to be reviewed by Senior Director of Quality Improvement.
• Assist in the process of data collection and the analysis of data by internal staff
• Assist in development and monitoring of compliance tracking systems with timeliness as mandated by applicable legislative and accrediting organizations, including trend identification and root cause analysis
• Assist in the development and periodic update of an ANH quality improvement/compliance plan to include but not be limited to: methodology, philosophy, general approach with a defined period of time, specific indicators, and with referenced policies and procedures
• Attend monthly Continue Quality Improvement (CQI) meetings with programs. Participation over ANH Quality Improvement committees, including but not limited to: Quality Improvement Committee, Incident Report Committee and the Special Incident Committee.
• Provides routine/scheduled and ad hoc audit reports, including trend identification and root cause analysis (service plans and progress note-reviews/problem identification).
• Provides coaching and feedback to staff as part of quality assurance training.
• Participates and assists in the development of necessary protocols, policies and procedures, and operational strategies for ANH services.
• Maintain fluency in current and innovative quality improvement and performance improvement theory and processes.
• Engage stakeholders (including administrative, management and supervisory staff, medical providers, direct service providers, ancillary staff and consumers) in quality improvement projects and initiatives to ensure maximum participation including the identification of potential metrics or processes to undergo change processes
• Demonstrate ability to effectively discuss and summarize quality improvement projects and processes tailored to stake holder’s level of education, training and experience.
• Attend seminars and trainings on pertinent issues
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably Master’s in Social Work or other Quality Improvement related field.
• Significant experience managing and working within the Transitional Housing/Shelter industry.
• Familiarity with CARES, Shelter Performance System and other DHS/OTDA-related data, databases and performance tools/standards
• One (1) years-experience in project coordination and management.
• Excellent presentation skills and significant knowledge and practical use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Ability to prepare PowerPoints and other data presentation reports.
• Leadership oriented, team builder, coaching approach.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to organize and maintain detailed records and meet deadlines.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*