Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Casa Promesa Nursing Home to become a part of our team! Must have Nursing Home or Assistive Living experience. The nurse practitioner is responsible for professional health care services, in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical/nursing practice for the target population and within the scope of practice. Provide other health care services including but not limited to assessment and evaluation, treatment, on-call coverage and consultation. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment.
You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
Location: 308 E. 175th Street Bronx NY 10457
This is a temporary position to last 12 weeks.
We need one for full time M-F 10am-6pm. And one for weekend PT 10am-6pm.
We need someone with Nursing Home Experience and/or Infectious Disease (HIV/AIDS) , but we are flexible.
We would see a new FNP if it is a good fit.
Job Duties Include:
Manage acute and chronic illnesses.
• Conduct physical exams and perform diagnostic tests and procedures.
• Diagnose and treat health problems.
• Perform patient checkups.• Diagnose and manage minor trauma, including suturing and splinting.
• Prescribe medications as needed for seasonal illnesses.
• Educate health promotion and disease prevention to patients.
• Treat assistive living and nursing home patients Qualifications:
• Active and unrestricted New York State Nurse Practitioner license.
• Active and unrestricted New York State Registered Nurse license.
• Active and unrestricted NPI and DEA registration.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing/Related field completion of Accredited NP Program required.
• Current Infection Control certification.
• Current Basic Life Support certification
• Three years of practical experience required.
• Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
• Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
• Experience or desire to work with people who have a mental illness, HIV/AIDS, or Substance Abuse issues
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members
• Must be team oriented with a willingness to be flexible and helpful to move the organizational goals
• Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Highly organized, motivated self-starter to meet organizational goals
Competitive Salary being offered during this assignment
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*