Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Network Engineer is responsible in providing support for all networking equipment throughout the organization and its offsite affiliates. The position will assist and support all designs, upgrades and implementations of routers, switches and wireless access points. Actively participates in troubleshooting network/server/user connectivity issues and failures.
The salary for this positon is: $81,000
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the operational monitoring of the voice and network infrastructures
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the networks
- Responsible for the carrying out approved changes to the telecommunication and network infrastructure
- Experience working with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco switches and other standard network security equipment.
- Maintain documentation of the environment and operation procedures
- Understanding of IP based networks and security
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Networking basics and it’s working (DNS, IP routing, internet technologies, HTTP, email routing protocols, NAT, along with network security, firewalls, and VPN)
- Configure and setup Palo Alto and Cisco Firewalls, Site to Site VPN’s and security applications for access to business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environment
- Design, setup and configure Cisco wireless networking that supports open and secured access and the ability to support voice and video application
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication system
- Maintaining a multi-site network operations and software application, operating systems and regular maintenance
- Managing assigned projects and programs components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrator, site personnel and etc. to provide technical assistant and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related discipline, plus Minimum of three years of experience within the field.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques for network infrastructure.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to network environments.
- A Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer