Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of IT, the EMR Support Specialist is responsible for the implementation and support of EMR software. Role is to provide support for various EMR applications to end users throughout the organization. This includes troubleshooting applications and software as well as transitioning programs from documenting on paper to using electronic systems. The EMR Support Specialist works closely with senior level staff to ensure high quality training and materials that are in-line with providing value-based care. The EMR Support Specialist serves as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in the clinical setting. The salary is $60,000
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes clinical workflows to determine appropriate EMR workflow.
- Provides EMR user support using training materials for Primary Care and Behavioral Health.
- Ensures EMR support and training are geared towards providing value-based care.
- Advises clinical staff on capturing critical fields of data that satisfy value-based measures.
- Provides EMR support to new staff members and becomes an integral part of the employee onboarding process.
- Reviews charts to ensure required documentation is being captured.
- Assist in converting Primary Care and Behavioral Health clinics from documenting on paper to documenting electronically.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all Nextgen modules (i.e. EMR, EPM, ICS Scanning, File Maintenance, Template Editor, Document Management)
- Edits EMR templates to enhance the capture of clinical data
- Edits EMR documents using Nextgen Document Builder
- Develop a working knowledge of all EMR applications within the organization and be a point of contact for end users.
- Act as a liaison between the IT department, sites, and software vendors regarding specific software product issues.
- Work closely with the IT Project Manager to provide support for the implementation of EMR new components
- Collaborate with Sr. Administrators to schedule and implement user trainings in the usage of EMR applications. Assist in process design changes for these applications.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to complete projects with tight deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong ability to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of EMR system.
- Minimum two years of direct experience as a Nextgen EMR Support Specialist
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with people with different backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have skills necessary to obtain EMR certified trainer-level knowledge and complete understanding of the latest version of the EMR application.
- Solid understanding of the implementation process of Nextgen EMR system
- General operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet applications, e-mail, applications, and data entry.
- Healthcare related bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3+ years of related work experience.
- Nextgen Certified Professional Preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is performed in office environment with frequent trips to off-site locations.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Sedentary work (equivalent to lifting approximately 10 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of small objects. A minimal amount of walking or standing may be required).
- Almost always: typing, keyboarding, etc.
- Frequently: Lifting, reaching, extended sitting.
- Frequently: Extended period of standing to perform application training.
Seldom: Kneeling, visual inspection, extended walking.