Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The IT Administrative Assistant is high level role that will be responsible for providing administrative and office support to the Vice President of IT. The candidate will have strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal and social skills, while remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities. The salary is $50,000
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of IT including drafting correspondence, reports and memoranda as directed.
- Maintains an updated and current appointment calendar. Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors.
- Supports the Vice President of IT in maintaining organized and timely responses in daily activities throughout his area of responsibility. Tracks projects deadline.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including transportation, accommodation, etc. as required. Prepares expenses reports.
- Acts as directed by the Vice President of IT office in providing support and communication between the office and other departments within the network.
- Provide assistance to the Vice President of IT on special assigned projects.
- Accepts and perform temporary or long-term assignments within the IT Department as required by the Vice President of IT.
- Maintains an adequate supply of all routine office supplies.
- Prepares meeting arrangements; prepares packets, handouts, and takes meeting minutes as needed.
- Ensures administrative functions are carried out promptly for an efficient operation.
- Prioritize assignments and completes duties in a timely manner, conducting follow-up as necessary.
- Documents, tracks and maintains spreadsheets as assigned (i.e. invoices, expenses, contracts, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or Associates Degree in Information Technology related field and 1+ year’s previous relevant experience as Administrative Assistant; or High School Diploma or GED and 3+ year’s previous relevant experience in IT Administration required.
- Experience working in an IT office environment is a major plus
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive attitude with a willingness to be flexible and helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Almost always: Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc
- Frequently: Lifting, reaching, extended sitting
- Seldom: Kneeling, Visual inspection, extended walking
- Almost never: Extended standing
- Sedentary work (equivalent to lifting approximately 10 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of small objects. A minimal amount of walking or standing may be required)
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer