Acacia Network, Inc. is a leading Latino integrated care not for profit organization servicing communities across New York State. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
Under supervision of the Chief Legal Officer, the Deputy Counsel shall be responsible for interface with outside litigation counsel with regard to insurance claims litigation, landlord-tenant litigation, employment practices litigation, and other similar matters. The Deputy Counsel-Litigation shall also provide advice to, and otherwise assist the Director of Legal Affairs and senior management regarding commencement and/or defense of litigation regarding various matters affecting the programs and policies of Acacia Network.
The Deputy Counsel shall also appear from time to time in litigated matters. The Deputy Counsel shall also generally assist on matters as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Legal Officer; and shall work with other members of the Office of Legal Affairs as may from time to time be assigned.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Advise and supervise all litigation claims
- Coordinate insurance coverage
- Draft and/or review litigation documents
- Conduct general legal research
- Assist in responding to external audits, reviews and complaint investigations
- Supervise violation management and violation outside counsel
- Handle litigation cases in house
- Manage subpoena requests/medical records requests
As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Juris Doctor required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in litigation matters.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.