Acacia Network , a progressive organization servicing communities across New York State is the 2nd largest Hispanic nonprofit organization in the country. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
We are currently seeking a Controller.
- Facilitate successful execution of monthly, quarterly and annual closing by reviewing financial statement packages prepared by staff (consolidated and unconsolidated entities).
- Verse in the treatment and accounting of tax credit transactions.
- Knowledge of HPD & HUD reporting regulations.
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statements with variance/fluctuation analyses to senior management
- Review consolidated and entity level income tax returns
- Review quarterly debt covenant compliance testing and reporting
- Accounting for various acquisitions
- Perform Due Diligence relating to acquisitions of distressed mortgage notes, joint ventures and properties
- Review appraisal reports related to acquisitions in accordance with GAAP
- Determine the proper accounting treatment of minority interest
- Analyze weekly cash flow analysis and projections
- Handle cash management including the use of the revolving credit facility
- Oversee operations relating to AP, AR and data management
- Approve semi-monthly payroll and reconciliation of all data
- Oversee and develop annual property and corporate budgets
- Ensure that all grant related costs are appropriately stated in the General Ledger while maintaining the records in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist Senior Management on all grant related financial requests.
- Oversee external audits for assigned entity.
- Supervise Accounting Staff and provide training and assistance as required.
- Monitor organizations investments and make recommendations to Senior Management as needed.
- Knowledge of Yardi Software .
- Reports to Corporate Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience required.
As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
No employment services or agencies need respond.