Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Director of Procurement is a key role at the Acacia Network (Network) that is responsible for the comprehensive management of the purchasing of all goods and services, vendors, contracts, equipment, and materials. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director is responsible for developing and maintaining all in-house procedures and protocols related to the acquisition and management of goods and services. Through analysis of current operations, the Director determines cost-effective strategies that enhance the purchasing standards at Acacia Network.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages Request for Proposal (RFP) procedure, engages in competitive bidding, vendor screening, and in collaboration with the Network’s RFP Review Committee, participates in vendor selection.
- Works closely with Executive Team, fiscal, and program operations to evaluate and monitor the procurement practices in the Network.
- Meets with key program staff to determine current benchmarks and strategies for improvement in the procurement cycle.
- Ensures all necessary approvals accompany all requests for purchasing of goods and services.
- Creates standardized operating procedures related to purchasing. Trains leadership team on rollout strategy.
- Assesses trends in company purchasing procedures, expenses and report findings; including methods for cost savings and strategic solutions.
- Establishes and maintains inventory tracking system.
- Establishes the expected minimum inventory quantity required (PAR Level) to ensure timely orders and supplies and minimize over ordering and excess inventory of goods.
- Submits monthly monitoring reports to stakeholders.
- Identifies unique approaches to streamlining procurement to ensure the efficiency of operations.
- Identifies and develops vendor database/software to maintain vendor information to determine what vendors can offer to reduce costs, while ensure quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management required.
- MBA or Masters in Business Administration/Management preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of continuous procurement experience in large scale organization, with a minimum of two of those years in a not for profit organization environment.
- Knowledge of vendor management programs.
- Experience in vendor relationship management.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management, customers, vendors and regulatory officials.
- Experience in conducting comprehensive supplier analysis and screening, analyzing supplier proposals and using decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to support the buying teams in negotiations and facilitate award recommendations.
- and data-driven decision making