Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The facilities manager will organize and manage maintenance and housekeeping staff of the Facilities Management Division. Responsible for directing the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all facilities and grounds. He will oversee 3 buildings and some off site apartments. Supervise approximately 5 to 6 staff.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule, plan, organize and manage housekeeping staff
- Manage and monitor all work performance by the maintenance staff and ensure completion
- Create weekly schedules for coverage of housekeeping staff; including vacation schedules and coverage’s and assignment of overtime
- Provide housekeeping and maintenance staff with Monthly trainings on: Infection Control, Customer Service, Cleaning Controls, Environment of Care and Safety
- Coordinate the usage of facilities by personnel/groups; set ups, teardowns and clean up
- Order monthly procurement of custodial and grounds supplies for the housekeeping department including storage inventory and distribution of supplies and equipment.
- Prepare weekly procurement of linen supplies
- Prepare weekly procurement of uniforms for housekeeping staff
- Ensure that all facilities have a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on site
- Conduct Monthly environmental rounds and reports
- Responsible for the proper operation/function of the following systems, including any all required test /inspections and documentation: HVAC, fire alarm, sprinkler system, boiler, grease straps, smoke detectors, elevators, doors, pest control, emergency generators and mechanical plant
- Ensure that all Hazards and Medical Waste is collected on a Monthly basis and keep records
- Ensure all facilities are compliant with fire drill requirements
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules and agency policies regarding facility maintenance
- Ensure all Life Safety Systems are in proper working order and compliance with all applicable requirements
- Ensure that carting/waste vendor is servicing as required
- Supervise work of contractors and vendors within the sites/facilities
- Ensure all facilities have a monthly schedule for maintenance of floors (strip, wax and buffing)
- Participate in the selection/ hiring decision of housekeeping staff; evaluate and recommend disciplinary actions as appropriate; participate in union hearings and conduct annual performance evaluations
- Prioritize organizational needs, complaints, work orders, coordinating with other departments to schedule time frame for completion and scheduling work assignments
- Coordinate procurement of maintenance supplies and equipment
- Create a paint schedule for all facilities
- Maintain a building keying system and master key records
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Operations
- High School Diploma/GED, required
- Bachelor Degree in Facilities Management, Construction, Engineering or related field, preferred
- Over three (3) year’s progressively responsible experience in buildings systems and maintenance, grounds maintenance and housekeeping services with three years of supervisory experience
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*