Desktop support specialist is a trained computer expert who provides technical support to users of computer software and hardware running the operating systems. Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity is required. Will work closely with the Junior Desktop Support Specialist when analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Build, maintain and implement desktop imagines for all different types of hardware/software
- Drive to offsite locations throughout the New York City boroughs and immediate outer locations
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in Information Technology with similar job duties
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, and Operating Systems including Windows, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Almost Always- Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc), extended sitting, extended standing, visual inspection
Sometimes- Bending, climbing, lifting, and kneeling
Seldom- Reaching, and extended walking
Routine supervision: Provided with instructions on job requirements, methods, priorities and deadlines with particular attention to unusual or difficult aspects or tasks. There are regular or systematic reviews of progress, quality and output, usually at discrete times, but occasionally only upon completion.