Reporting to the Controller this position is responsible for providing financial information by recording, maintaining and reconciling financial data; preparing schedules and reports. Assists in preparing and coordinating the General Ledger for assigned entities, participates in Year End Audits, and gathers information required and facilitates department reporting and variance analysis.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements for assigned entities in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in request for financial information from Senior Management
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations
- Record and reconcile inter-company transactions
- Analyze General Ledger Accounts – prepayments and accruals, etc.
- Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Prepare monthly spreadsheets to record prepayments, accruals etc.
- Review individual properties for month end close
- Assist in budget preparation
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit RPIEs
- Accomplish the organization’s mission by completing related duties timely and accurately
- Special projects and duties as needed
- BA Degree in Accounting or finance
- 2 years Accounting experience
- Accounting and reconciliation
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Experience working with Accounting software, preferably Yardi
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in computer skills
- Non-Profit experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Has standard work schedule
All work is completed on campus
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (Typical of most clerical and administrative positions)
Some Bending, Kneeling, Lifting
Seldom Climbing Frequent Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc).
Sedentary work (equivalent to lifting approximately 10 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of small objects. A minimal amount of walking or standing may be required)