A Junior Network Engineer will assists with the management and maintenance of the communication system. Responsible in providing support company applications; internal company servers, user desktops, basic troubleshooting, backup, along with archiving. Good organizational/personal skills to work with different departments. Strong design sense with a methodical attention to detail.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the operational monitoring of the voice and network infrastructures
- Responsible for the day to day operation for local and remote locations
- Responsible for the carrying out approved changes to the telecommunication and network infrastructure
- Maintain documentation of the environment and operation procedures
- Understanding of IP based networks and security
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and it’s working (DNS, IP routing, internet technologies, HTTP, email routing protocols NAT SPAM, and network security, firewalls, proxies and VPN)
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN concentrators and security applications for access to business applications
- Assist in design, setup and configure of switching environment
- Assist in design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open and secured access and the ability to support voice and video application
- Assist in configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication system
- Assist and help manage assigned tasks on projects and components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrator, site personnel and etc. to provide technical assistant and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related discipline
- CCNA or Network + required
- 3+ years of experience in Network switching/routing environment
- Experience in install, setup and implementation of routers, switches and access points. (Peplink experience a big plus)
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- In depth knowledge of routing and switching concepts.
- Ability to develop site flowcharts using Visio 2007 application.
- Familiarity with cabling and network termination on RJ45 block.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Almost Always- Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc), extended sitting, extended standing, visual inspection
Sometimes- Bending, climbing, lifting, and kneeling
Seldom- Reaching, and extended walking
Routine supervision: Provided with instructions on job requirements, methods, priorities and deadlines with particular attention to unusual or difficult aspects or tasks. There are regular or systematic reviews of progress, quality and output, usually at discrete times, but occasionally only upon completion.