Under supervision of the Administrator, the Quality Assurance Specialist position is responsible for ensuring documents, activities, and records continuously meet the quality standards set Acacia Network and the corresponding funders per programs. This position will be focused on maintaining and improving the Quality Management in AWARDS and other databases assigned by the Program Director. Strong computer and statistical skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Foothold AWARDS, and HMIS required.
- Collect information directly from supportive staff and program supervisors necessary to compile required reports.
- Collect statistical information from AWARDS and HMIS and/ or other required databases to write and complete reports.
- Extract data from data sources to identify important trends and problems.
- Train new staff to use computerized data base programs.
- Present data findings in inter-agency and internal meetings.
- Submit written reports and analysis that accompany data reporting and presentations.
- Provide quality assurance for case management input and charting in client-based data systems including AWARDS and HMIS.
- Conduct internal program audits.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Administrator or Program Director
- Observe client database managerial reports on a regular basis.
- Report to the Program Director any issues with client records, including but not limited to, overdue service plans, contact lapses, poor or missing progress notes, and any staff malfeasance.
- Collect and analyze direct client feedback to help gauge program performance.
- Maintain a secure, organized and accessible archive of program data.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Associates Degree required with a combination of relevant experience to client population.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with the target population.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multitask with strong organization sills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Willingness to perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Almost always: Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc…)
- Frequently: Lifting, reaching, extended sitting
- Seldom: Kneeling, Visual inspection, extended walking
- Almost never: Extended standing
- Sedentary work (equivalent to lifting approximately 10 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of small objects. A minimal amount of walking or standing may be required)
Routine supervision: Provided with instructions on job requirements, methods, priorities and deadlines with particular attention to unusual or difficult aspects or tasks. There are regular or systematic reviews of progress, quality and output.