Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Under supervision of the Crises Specialist Coordinator, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The provider will be an integral part of a 24-hour crisis response team for CCBHC recipients experiencing a behavioral health crisis. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
Provide after-hours telephone support to recipients experiencing a behavioral health crisis
- Conduct risk assessments of recipients in accordance to program policies and procedures
- Provide and complete referrals to the appropriate level of care
- Coordinate care with the mobile outreach team for face-to-face assessment when needed
- Provide phone consultation services for family members of recipients
- Provide psychoeducation and information regarding referral services and programs to recipients and family
- Consult with law enforcement personnel, mental health/human service workers, and medical personnel as needed
- Coordinate follow-up care with clinician to ensure continuity of care following telephonic call
- Coordinate services and establish linkages with community organizations
- Maintain compliant documentation that meets organizational expectations.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
All other duties as assigned by the director and clinical supervisor.
Previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment preferred
Crisis intervention and referral services experience a plus.
Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*