Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Loisaida Inc. Center in the Lower East Side, New York, NY seeks applications for a hands-on internship position in Communications Strategy.
The internship in Communication Strategies will play a critical role in executing messaging strategies that advance Loisaida Inc. Center's work on social engagements, outreach, programs and special events. The role will work to implement and execute communications strategies on a range of issues, through collaboration with colleagues, program manager, digital content manager, organizers, event management, consultants, and partner organizations. The position will also engage target audiences about Loisaida Inc. artistic and cultural endeavors; create content for publications and the website; and, plan events such as exhibitions, panels, activations, programs and events. The intern will work closely with Loisaida Inc.'s Programs and Operations Managers.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Lead the implementation of multi-faceted communications strategies for the Loisaida Inc.
- Develop multi-faceted communications plans, which include goals, target audiences, messaging, as well as media relations, digital, advocacy and social media strategies, to educate, motivate, and influence target audiences.
- Help implement organizational communications strategies to further the Loisaida Inc. brand as needed.
- Increase messaging strategies of Loisaida Inc. by cultivating and maintaining relationships with key members, teaching artists, community members and staff.
- Identify needs for digital content, including videos and graphics, and written content for Loisaida Inc.’s websites, and work to have them produced in line with agreed strategies.
- Create and/or produce communications content, including graphics, pitches, blog posts, backgrounders, social media content, videos, infographics, interactive web features, and social media content.
- Collaborate with colleague organizations on coalition and movement-wide communications activities, and maintain relationships with communications staff in other organizations.
- Provide guidance to collaborating organizations in the development of communications materials and strategy, when necessary.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office; using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Must be a current student seeking academic credit
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to follow projects through to completion.
- Ability to communicate professionally, in writing through social media, blog posts, and to communicate verbally to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience working with the media and cultivating relationships with local organizations.
- Proven experience in exercising judgment and best practices in rapid response environments.
- Experience in online media production, especially video and graphics.
- Experience crafting social media messages, promoting and following Loisaida Inc. and affiliates' events and programs through social media.
- Experience with online news, social media and digital marketing tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others including cross departmentally as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and online design platforms required.
- Pursuant of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media or a related field.
- Familiarity with both PC and MacOS platforms and software.
- Experience understanding trends and best practices for online campaigning, and best practices for communicating via email, Facebook and Twitter.
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*