Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are looking for a bright, energetic quick learner to assist our Leave Specialist with all aspects of the Leave Management process. Leaves of absences will include FMLA, NYS Paid Family Leave, Short-Term disability and Worker’s Compensation.
Learn how to complete required FMLA paperwork for employees going out on leave and the process for returning employees back to work; while gaining a vast knowledge of local, state and federal leave of absence law.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Prepare/send FMLA documents to employees requesting a leave of absence and update “On Leave Tracker”.
- Review employee’s forms for completion (MD information, signatures, Request for Time Off Form, etc.).
- Send follow-up letters to employees missing any required information.
- Review employee’s MD notes for clearance to return to work (Verify MD license/ADP to confirm days off) and update “On Leave Tracker”.
- Scan completed documents to PeopleDoc.
- High School Diploma required
- Have an interest in HR/Benefits
- Must be a current student seeking academic credit
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*