Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Biller to ensure residential client compliance in receiving and maintaining entitlement benefits, attendance, and communicating with insurance and other providers.
Responsibilities consistts of but not limited to:
- Responsible for managed care, Medicaid, Medicare and other billing including completing any other Medicaid reporting requirements.
- Assist in applying for entitlements and ensure all clients have active insurance.
- Complete insurance verification including daily client insurance verification and prior authorizations.
- Input Data entry regarding encounter forms into Electronic Health Records billing system.
- Evaluate billing document and coding to optimize reimbursement by ensuring that diagnostic and procedural codes and other documentation accurately reflect and support the visit.
- Accurately interpret medical information and diagnostic descriptions and procedures for visits to assign appropriate ICD-9-CM and CPT codes
- Review Medicaid and other Managed Care reimbursement claims prior to submission for completeness and accuracy to minimize claim denial with Acacia billing staff. As needed, follow-up and resolve client and billing related issues with Medicaid, HRA, SSI and any other benefit services.
- Assist with and maintain data and documentation of client case record according GSW, OASAS, HRA and all other contracts and guidelines.
- As needed, work with Greenhope Admissions and Acacia benefits departments to assess entitlement needs of all clients. Complete and maintain applications and copies of identification information (i.e. birth certificate, non-drivers ID, social security, etc.) to secure entitlements.
- Conduct follow up calls, emails, text and other forms of communication to clients for intake and other appointments.
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Work with the interdisciplinary team members to coordinate services with other departments and communicate to team about client eligibility progress, employment status including pay stubs.
- Assist with finger imaging as needed and trouble shoot issues.
- Assist with gatherings documents and other items for program reports, audits, etc.
- Keep abreast of developments of the impact of welfare reform, HIV/AIDS, public assistance, SSI, managed care, residential redesign and effects of substance abuse and criminal justice clients via, meetings, conferences, training and literature
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 1 year experience in securing entitlements in high volume billing environment.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment including working with children (0-5years)
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*