Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The case manager will provide case management services to help connect and refer women to housing opportunities in the community.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses housing needs of client upon referral from other providers.
- Helps clients apply for various housing programs, i.e., HRA-1995; SROs, Section 8, and Follows-up on applications.
- Develops and maintains housing resources and assists clients in finding permanent, affordable housing.
- Complete and maintain housing applications and copies of identification information (i.e. birth certificate, non-drivers ID, social security, etc.) to secure entitlements.
- Assist with follow-up and tracking client housing retention at 90 days retention. Work closely with intake specialists and other staff to obtain housing retention goals.
- As needed, educate and assist clients on eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, public assistance, SSI and other benefits.
- Coordinate services and communicate to team about clients’ housing progress along with participating in case reviews and case conferences.
- Maintain documentation of client progress in case records according to all contractual & regulatory standards.
- Develops and maintains relationships with outside agencies such as housing providers, realtors, HRA and Section 8.
- Participate in team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Keep abreast of developments of the impact of welfare reform, public assistance, SSI and effects of substance abuse and criminal justice clients via, meetings, conferences, training and literature.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Social work, Counseling or any other social service related field, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working with individuals with co-occurring disorders, chemical dependency treatment services and from the criminal justice system.
- Valid CASAC or CASAC-T preferred.
- Evening and weekend work activities will be required.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment including working with children (0-5years)
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*