Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking an Operations Manager will oversee all property management aspects of Acacia Network’s Scatter Site Housing programs in Supportive Housing. This includes: establishing and maintaining landlord relationships; the identification and leasing of new private market apartments; tracking apartment conditions and preparation of apartments for client occupancy including management of furniture inventory and installation. The Operations Manager will be responsible for tracking and completion of work orders, maintenance issues including relationship with purchasing; ordering of furniture for Supportive Housing dept, rent collection and utility reporting. The Operations Manager works in close collaboration with Program Directors to ensure that Scatter Site clients have the necessary support services to remain permanently housed.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Develop property management inventory, policies and procedures
- Manage rent collection & coordinate with Property Management and Program Directors on Account Receivables Reporting
- Ensure maximum rent collection and develop procedures for addressing non-payment and/or holdover issues. Maintain a minimum of 90% benchmark collection rate in Supportive Housing.
- Oversee leasing of apartments and develop/maintain relationship with property management companies; build apartment inventory, ensure low vacancy rate and rental loss
- Manage vendor proposals, workscopes and data tracking.
- Report on outcomes, goals and strategic planning for the department
- Address after hour client apartment emergencies with landlords.
- Oversee and monitor apartment repairs
- Coordinate and ensure turn-over and timely rent-up of apartments
- Manage eviction referrals & approval process
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED or Associate Degree
- A minimum of two years’ experience in property management (rent administration, real estate identification, leasing or property management); Previous supervisory experience; previous Scattered Site housing experience or work with special needs population preferred
- Experience working with diverse and special needs populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication are a must, as are the abilities to use sound judgment and make tough decisions.
- Exceptional organizational and analytic skills are required. Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work with a diverse population/special needs. Requires an ability to handle priority task simultaneously
- Bilingual - Preferred
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*