cacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Recovery Coach to assists in understanding and accessing substance use disorder services. They model competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills by using their personal story as part of mentorship while encouraging and inspiring hope for a client in recovery.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Use personal recovery story and model personal recovery to facilitate mentoring, encouragement, and inspiration for hope in others.
- Assist individuals and families in understanding recovery, including the use of Recovery Plans/Wellness Recovery Action Plans and how services can be helpful.
- Advocate for recovery on behalf of clients within the foster care system, medical system, and legal system.
- Inform individuals and families about community resources and how to use these resources in developing a recovery plan.
- Provide individuals with information about local drop in centers, peer support groups, 12 step programs, mutual aids, and other recovery based programs and activities.
- Assist individuals in transitioning between provider and community services.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with individuals in recovery.
- Work with Recovery Coaches, Peer Support Specialists, and other service providers to develop recovery support within the community.
- Provide strength-based, trauma informed crisis intervention, crisis planning, and safety planning.
- Help individuals to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal challenges, and personal role in creating challenges and/or barrier to success.
- Facilitate recovery skills groups, as needed.
- Assist individuals in gaining coping skills, life skills, and recovery tools.
- Develop relationships with clinical staff, judges, foster care staff.
- Respect boundaries of other recovery support and clinical roles.
- Compliance with organizational policies and procedures, including appropriate documentation and reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge about substance use disorders and/or mental illness as it relates to recovery and crisis planning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to manage time across multiple clients and responsibilities.
- Ability to cope with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Exhibit sound judgment and react well under pressure.
- Ability to cope with individuals in emotional and/or crisis situations.
- Ability to identify and manage self-care in Recovery Coach’s own personal recovery plan/process
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*