Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Community Support Specialist (CSS) who would be responsible for coordinating care and assisting in discharge planning of all Youth Program Clients.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Develops and conducts group, individual and family counseling on scheduled basis.
- Discharge planning, Treatment planning, progress notes, and other related documentation.
- Coordinates case management of clients with requirements of juvenile justice, foster care, probation, or other mandating agencies.
- Provides home visits, if needed, to assist in assessment and engagement in treatment, and to identify barriers to family self-sufficiency as well as discharge planning.
- Conducts outreach, develops working linkages and coordinates with other service providers to assist with client needs.
- Attends and participates in staff, service provider and community meetings, where appropriate.
- Completes all needed documentation of services and contacts in a timely manner.
- Maintains communication and teamwork with clinical staff to integrate and enhance clinical services.
- Liaison to district school providing a seamless transition and support plan after residential treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- A minimum of (1) year of experience working with adolescents and families.
- At least (1) year of experience working in residential treatment preferred.
- At least (1) year of experience in social work and mental health treatment.
- CASAC-T, CASAC, LMSW or LMHC preferred
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*