Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a dedicated Nurse Practitioner, in our Buffalo location, who will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in our medical facility under direction of the Physician.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Master’s Degree from graduate program in Advanced Nursing required.
- Current New York State License as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Must have DATA 2000 waiver.
- Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in related field.
- Prescriptive privilege and current DEA license.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish a plus.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*