Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Social Worker Supervisor that will provide comprehensive leadership and supervision to the LMSW’s in the Primary Care Department. The Social Worker Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all services related to the social and mental health needs of the clients including: assessment of needs, diagnoses, psychotherapy services, referral services as warranted in addition to connecting clients with social service agencies/departments such as housing, health homes and behavioral health.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Maintain compliance with department protocols and overall program objectives.
- Provide guidance, support, and supervision to the clinical team.
- Determine and develop approaches to documentation, management of assignments and processes.
- Review documents for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to all regulations and procedures.
- Train the clinical team on change processes fostering compliance.
- Solve a broad range of related problems of varying scope and complexity.
- Coordinate periodic review and revision of procedures.
- Support the department’s regulatory audits, through preparation and presentation of required documentation.
- Maintain document control system including archiving records according to the records retention policy.
- Submit paperwork within policy timeline that meets insurer guidelines for proper billing and provide supervision for all cases requiring social worker level involvement by managed care or other referrals agencies.
- Ensure timely trainings are carried-out monthly for staff professional development.
- Collaborate with all other departments to support the clinical department’s objectives.
- Complete psychosocial assessment and psychosocial diagnosis using DSMV as needed.
- Provide leadership and ongoing administrative and clinical supervision of assigned social work staff.
- Provide individual, family and group therapeutic sessions as needed.
- Provide crisis management on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate care with staff, other providers, and additional services within the organization as well as with referring services outside of the organization.
- Organize and facilitate consistent interdisciplinary case conferences.
- Participate in staff, case management, and organizational meetings as requested.
- Conduct seminars and training for other clinical staff on pertinent issues.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Behavioral Health in Primary Care on special projects.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for the evaluations of staff.
- Master of Social Work from an accredited institution
- Current and unrestricted License registration in NYS as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience in a medical, substance use, mental health and/or community based setting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory body policies, procedures and protocols.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using electronic records to include STARS and Awards/Foothold.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) strongly preferred
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*