Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Quality Improvement Director that will be responsible for the overall direction, planning, execution and implementation of the multidisciplinary services of QI Program for the Primary Care with a focus on integrating services with Article 31/Article 32 programs. This will include development of the Annual Quality Plan/ Clinical Policies and procedures and management of: data collection, data analysis, and data reporting. Oversight and management of the DSRIP Portfolio.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Facilitate and Co-Lead QI meetings as required by HRSA, and other reporting entities with the development, monitoring, and presentation of internal quality measures and initiatives
- Coordinating, reporting and tracking clinical outcomes, and follow-up of corrective action plans
- Implementation of PCMH, UDS HEDIS,HRSA VBP & DSRIP projects and reports including: Patient Satisfaction and Wait Time analysis and recommendations
- Create specific change management plans with respect to training and orientation of employees. Training will lead to the path of least resistance to change and maximum utilization of the new initiatives for the company.
- Establish parameters to measure the early adoption, effective utilization and proficiency to new change initiatives for individual employees as well as groups or departments, including: developing other methods of data collection
- Identify deviations in performance from the change standards and implement strategies for corrective action to achieve full organizational adoption to change.
- Coordinate all audits for clinical and/or risk management reviews
- Collaborate with other departments and internally for preparation of FTCA annual application
- Effectively lead and manage a team of quality improvement coordinators dedicated to managing patient satisfaction, program evaluation, data analysis, health informatics, and other QI activities
- Establish Internal Controls to implement operational policies/ workflows that enhance the department’s ability to achieve directives
- Attend Conferences and training sessions as requested
- Accept Other Duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree Preferred but individuals with experience in leading a quality improvement program may be considered
- Two (3-5) years of experience of progressive experience in Quality Improvement in healthcare facility, preferably FQHC
- Demonstrate Integrity, sound judgment, leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills, Must be able to approach staff about quality issues with tact and diplomacy at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills, data collection, analysis. Experience in using Excel for QI related data and display
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records and meet deadlines.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*