Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for Licensed Practical Nurse to provide medical care and services for women with history of chemical dependence, including health history, physical examination, minor office procedures, treatment, referral, counseling and follow up care and services.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice in providing direct care, performing procedures, and using equipment. Ensures that the findings of the nursing assessment, the comprehensive care plan, and recommendations for nursing follow-up are documented dated, and signed in the client’s record.
- Assesses clients at the time of intake, and then on an on-going basis. If new medical or nursing needs are apparent, communicates these to the client’s Primary Care Provider.
- Coordinates all necessary client services with other interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process.
- Provides nursing care to clients on a routine and crisis basis.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities.
- Reviews client’s medical history including medication as a part of the initial evaluation and reassessment.
- Ensures the provision and coordination of staff teaching regarding prevention, transmission, risk reduction and risk elimination strategies for HIV/AIDS.
- Admits new clients and completes admission forms and nurses notes; orients clients to new environment.
- Acts as the health coordinator for outpatient and residential programs to provide services to women.
- Reviews referred potential client medical histories submitted by the intake department.
- Assists with referring clients to appropriate health care provider specialists.
- Assists with managing client prescriptions with various pharmacy, focusing on ChemRx
- Coordinates with the clients’ primary care physicians to make informed decisions regarding management and treatment of problems identified and provides care as prescribed by physician.
- Manages client care: follow up plan and monitor progress, determine when referral to another provider is necessary and make arrangements for further care, determine when emergency room visit is necessary and when illness is resolved.
- Works with interdisciplinary team members regarding modification of treatment as necessary according to health concerns.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of the wellness center to promote organized and efficient medication tracking, refills, and disposal of medication, as needed.
- Documents all medications in electronic health record system.
- Participates in staff meeting or professional development activities as needed.
- Current and valid licensure as NYS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Completed education at an accredited nursing school.
- Minimum three (3) years practical experience in health care facility.
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population.
- Specialty Area may include, but is not limited to, Family Health, Women’s Health, Holistic Care, etc.
- Current BLS/CPR certification is required.
- Current NYS mandated infection control certification (valid for four years).
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*