We are the largest Hispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We’ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we’ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That’s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Substitute Early Childhood Teacher will provide support and relief to our EarlyLearn Early Childhood Education centers located in the Bronx. The Substitute will help provide coverage in classrooms for employee time off, medical leaves, and to temporarily cover classrooms between teachers when needed needed.
- Carries out age-appropriate curriculum to students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly classroom.
- Coordinates with Education Director, Assistant Teacher, and operations employees to provide an enriching and developmentally-appropriate experience for our students.
- Cultivates positive relationships with parents of students.
- Maintains documentation in accordance with organization policy, and department requirements.
- Engages in sound classroom management.
This is a per diem position. Hourly rate is negotiable and contingent upon education, licensure, and experience.
As a leader in the field of substance abuse services, Acacia Network promotes a drug free workplace.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity.
No employment services or agencies need respond.