Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Youth Counselor that can provide intensive and extensive academic services to children from ages 5-14 years of age. To organize and teach or provide special services for participants in an assigned recreational area or activity; to monitor program site facilities; and to plan, organize and implement activities for youth programs.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide academic assistance to assigned students, either in a group or individually on specific subject material.
- Establish liaison with the Activity Specialist and work under the Activity Specialist and/or the Site Program Coordinator’s direction, if necessary to assist the student.
- Attend periodic training sessions given by the ACDP program to increase competency in working with students.
- Be responsible for maintaining records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Provide evaluations and other reports as requested by the ACDP Site program Coordinator.
- Help students develop a high level of motivation, self-confidence, raise self-concept, and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Assist in designing and implementing class cooperative projects
- Volunteer for one day a year in an ACDP sponsored activity.
- Promote and support ACDP’s mission and vision.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; college enrollment preferred
- Analytical, Communication and Organizational skills
- 1 year of experience working with youths preferred
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*